'Social media scandal ruined lives'

 A young girl says her life has been ruined after her face was pasted on pornographic messages and shared on social media.

Victoria, from the Leeds area of the UK, says she went to commit suicide on an app called Live streaming and her home address was shared on Twitter.

According to figures obtained by the BBC Yorkshire, there are more than 200 such malicious communication messages a day.

In 2016, there were 79,372 such incidents as against 42,910 in the previous year.

Victoria, 18, had open profiles on Live.me, Twitter and Instagram, where she had thousands of followers.

According to him, he was sent pornographic pictures with his face pasted and his home address listed. Another post said, "Die."

"I take anxiety pills," said Victoria. It has broken my trust. I don't go out much anymore. ‘

"I always have this thought in my mind that if I went out somewhere and those people came there."

"It simply came to our notice then. I was a wandering girl. I try to be the same again.

Following the messages, Victoria went to the police but was not arrested.



"Sometimes I think it's my fault," he said. It's easier for people on the Internet to target someone who was just a means to an end.

"I never thought it would work out that way."

Superintendent Matt's division says Victoria's case is being investigated.

"Our personnel are in constant touch with the victim and her family and are being kept informed of the progress of the investigation," he added.

The Times recently reported that at least nine people are arrested every day for posting offensive material on the Internet, which has been criticized by human rights groups for over-monitoring the Internet.



However, Chief of Police Constable Stephen Keung said that the increase in such malicious communication messages was "on the verge of disaster".

The chairman of the Digital Policing Board, the country's digital crime watchdog, says social media providers should take further steps to protect their customers.

Twitter recently said it plans to impose new restrictions on pornography and hate speech to combat exploitation.

A spokesman for Live.com said: "Our goal is to create a safe and friendly environment, so it is painful to see such incidents of harassment and intimidation every time."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pakistan Post Office Jobs 2021 Application Form Download | www.pakpost.gov.pk

Fisheries Department KPK Jobs 2021 ATS Form Sample Paper & Test Result

Pakistan Petroleum Limited – PPL Jobs 2021 for Chief Mining / Mining Specialist